Thursday, October 22, 2009
CCR
Whenever I hear “Bad Moon Rising” by Creedence Clearwater Revival a detailed memory is triggered. I remember being 6 years old at a party in the basement of my old house in North Stamford. It was in the house that my grandpa had built and when he passed away, my family moved into it. It was 2 floors and not big and tall but very wide. It was made of dark blue shingles and brick. The basement was the size of the whole house and our sound system for it took an entire one of the walls. It had red floors which I think were painted concrete and it also had a bar in the corner. During one of the parties that my parents threw every once and a while I remember running around with my friends and playing Barbies. There were people everywhere, all of them were having a great time and wore a smile. I remember distinctly looking up at all of the grown-ups dancing around and hearing an album by CCR come on. “Bad Moon Rising” will always remind me of that basement and scampering around on the red floors.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment